To our valued customers:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to disrupt daily life, we want to assure homeowners and business customers that we are taking steps to help our employees and customers stay safe and healthy
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
We will do our best to continue servicing your plumbing and drain cleaning needs throughout the virus outbreak, while exercising precautionary measures to help ensure your health and that of our employees. We also ask that you take precautions to help keep our service team healthy; if anyone in your household has a fever or has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 please let us know.
Our office personnel began phone screening all customers to reduce the likelihood of any employees servicing the home where someone is sick or has been knowingly exposed to COVID-19.
- Any employee who is sick or has symptoms will stay home from work to prevent exposure to others.
- We have provided latex gloves and shoe covers for all field personnel. The intention of this is that every field employee will wear gloves/shoe covers on every service call and change them out after each home visit.
- We have instructed our employees to avoid physical contact, including handshakes. We will use non-contact methods of greeting.
- We have communicated not to have customers or anyone else handle our employee’s phones. We want all the field personnel to obtain each customer’s consent to initial for them on the phones. Please have your own pen available to sign the invoice.
- Washing hands/using hand sanitizer and every opportunity.
We do not want to put anyone in an unsafe or unhealthy situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these difficult times.